Flu Common Symptoms and Care from Urgent Care Greenville NC
Although flu season officially started in October, we see its peak from December through February. With COVID-19 still apparent, it’s more important than ever to monitor flu-like symptoms and seek the appropriate treatment at an urgent care Greenville NC. Here at Greenville Health Care, we are dedicated to providing quality care regardless of your condition, below you’ll find the most important flu symptoms, as well as, some ways to prevent the spread.
The influenza virus or commonly known as the flu can cause mild to severe symptoms and even lead to death. That is why understanding and identifying your symptoms is important to prevent the spread and find proper care. The most common symptoms presented when infected with influenza are:
- Sore throat
- Stuffy nose
- Body ache
Additionally, the CDC states that not every patient with the flu will break a fever.
Know When It’s More than Just a Cold
Symptoms of a cold and influenza are very similar, however, the experts in urgent care Greenville NC explain that a few key factors will help you tell them apart. A cold presents gradually, meaning that you might see the symptoms over a period of several days, while the flu will show up abruptly. Another sign to keep in mind is that when infected with the flu, a fever can last for a few days, in comparison with a cold fever which is likely uncommon.
Tips to Prevent the Spread
- Avoid Close Contact: Stay six feet or more apart from others to protect them from getting sick.
- Cover Your Mouth and Nose: Covering your nose and mouth with a tissue while sneezing or coughing can prevent the spread of germs. Remember, viruses such as the flu are easily spread by droplets when you talk, cough or sneeze.
- Wash Your Hands: Using soap and water, clean your hands thoroughly for 20 seconds or more to protect you from germs.
- Stay Home If You Feel Sick: Staying home when feeling sick will protect those around you from catching the same virus.
- Visit an urgent care Greenville NC: Visiting one of our professionals will ensure that you get proper treatment for your condition. Whether it’s the influenza virus or COVID-19, Greenville Health Care has all the resources to treat you or a member of your family with quality care.
Greenville Health Care | Urgent Care Greenville NC
As the leading family practice in Greenville NC and surrounding areas, our professionals are always willing to serve our community with proper care. Greenville Health Care also provides treatment for acute and chronic illnesses. Learn more about our mission as the best urgent care Greenville NC by visiting our website.